Funding period July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2026
This is a 3-year funding cycle.
Click to watch video instructions about the website account process.
All applicants are required to have or create an account to complete and submit your application. Keep your user name and password handy so that you can "save a draft" and return to complete your submission. Also this user name and password will continue to be used for agency reporting and future applications.
- LOGIN HERE (If you already have a user name and password)
- CREATE AN ACCOUNT (New users only - an email will be sent to you)
- RESET YOUR PASSWORD (if your email has been used previously, you can reset your password)
- LOGOUT (Be sure to log out once you have saved your draft or submitted your application)
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Do not leave any blanks; enter N/A if not applicable.
Applications are due by 5:00p.m. on Friday, March 24, 2023.
United Way of Portage County works to improve lives by advancing the common good and creating opportunities for a better life for everyone. United Way focuses on Youth Education, Critical Needs, and Public Health which are the building blocks for a good life. To achieve this mission United Way strategically engages and builds relationships with diverse community stakeholders, contributors and partners to identify community goals, develop impact strategies and implement those strategies in partnership with others. United Way of Portage County funds numerous community programs through our partnership with multiple community service agencies. Program review and grant making is governed by a volunteer review team and approved by United Way’s board of trustees. United Way values accountability, transparency and openness throughout all stages of the decision-making process.
- Additional information may be distributed to panel volunteer during the on-site visit.
- All proposals must be received at United Way by the March 24th deadline.
- All agencies submitting proposals must be in compliance with any current United Way agency agreements.
UWPC RFP Timeline
- 3/3/23 Agency Grant Application Available
- 3/24/23 Agency Applicaiton Deadline
- April Site Visits done by 4/24/23.
- May Community Impact Committee Approval and recommendation to BOD
- June UWPC Board of Directors Approval
- June Funding Awards Announced
- 7/1/23 UW Funding Begins
- 1/31/24 Mid-year Report Due
- 7/31/24 Year End Report Due
- 6/30/26 UW Funding Ends
All applications for United Way funding will be reviewed by an independent group of community volunteers. All volunteers will evaluate applications using an online scoring method. Volunteers make funding recommendations to United Way's Board of Directors based on the scoring of the application and site visit and how well the proposed program activities align with United Way's focus in the areas of Youth Education.