Get Help Filing Your Taxes!
The United Way of Portage County offers help filing taxes through the AARP Tax Assistance Program. Appointments are being held in Kent, Ravenna and Streetsboro. Click one of the links below to make an appointment or call 2-1-1 to see if you qualify.
ELIGIBILITY: - No income limit.
- Serves all areas.
- Both spouses MUST present at appointment for those filing a joint return.
- Able to assist with 2022, 2021, and 2020 amended returns.
- Able to assist with self-employment,(sole-proprietorships), businesses without inventory.
- Able to assist with tuition and fees deduction.
- Able to assist with First Time Home buyers.
- Able to assist with Health Savings Accounts.
- Able to assist with Schedule A, C, D, and E (only land rental).
- Able to assist with 1099B, 1099C, 1099R 1099DIV, 1099MISC, 1099NEC and Form 982.
- NOTE: Not able to assist with bankruptcy or foreclosure; or farm or rental income.
- NOTE: If completing a tax return for a minor, then minor and parent/guardian must attend appointment.
- If filing a joint return with a deceased spouse, then must bring death certificate.
- If filing a return for an individual who is homebound or disabled, then must have legal documentation entitling permission to process the taxpayer's taxes. (Legal Power of Attorney, POA)
If you don't qualify for the above program, you may be able to use My Free Taxes.
If your household earned less than $64,000 in 2023, you can file both your federal and state returns for free using MyFreeTaxes.com. This is the only free, national, online tax filing product offered by a nonprofit. United Way has made it available to more than 100 million U.S. taxpayers as part of our fight for the financial stability of every person in every community.
Let the experts handle the details.
MyFreeTaxes is powered by H&R Block’s premium software, so filing is easy, secure, and guaranteed to be 100% accurate. The software scans for any tax credit you’re entitled to, making sure you get your maximum refund. If you have questions along the way, IRS-certified specialists are ready to answer your questions in real time.
United Way fights for the financial stability of every person in every community.
Visit 211portage.org or dial 2-1-1 to schedule a tax appointment or to learn more about either of these free tax preparation programs.