Portage County Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) - American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA-R)
Total Amount Allocated to Portage County $180,754
(This is in addition to the annual EFSP funding)
Food - $72,302
Housing - $72,302
Utilities - $36,150
The United Way of Portage County (UWPC) Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) has received a grant award of $180,754 from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA-R).
Funding must be used to assist Portage County residents. Program funds are used to provide the following, as determined by the Local Board:
- Food, in the form of served meals or groceries. Lodging in a mass shelter or hotel, when no other appropriate shelter is available (no more than 90 days).
- Up to three month's rent or mortgage payment.
- Providing rent or mortgage is in arrears, or
- First month’s rent when client is: either transient, moving from temporary shelter to a more permanent living arrangement, or is being evicted from current housing and one-month payment will not forestall eviction.
- Up to three month's utility bills.
- Providing utility is in arrears.
- Minimal repairs to allow a mass feeding or sheltering facility to function during the program year.
- An administrative allowance of 2% of total funds received (this allowance is part of the total award-not in addition to the award.)
To apply for funding:
- Agencies should complete the online application pertaining to the type of service that your agency/program is seeking funding for (shelter, food, and/or the utilities section) and Budget sheet.
- Be prepared to present your proposal to the Local Board, upon request.
- Attached is a link to the Appeals Process (Attachment I).
- Attached is a link to the Local Recipient Organization’s Responsibilities (Attachment II). If your agency is chosen to receive funding, you must comply with these responsibilities.
- Food Assistance - $72,302
- Housing Assistance - $72,302
- Utility Assistance - $36,150
The online application must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 1, 2022. Only online applications will be reviewed for consideration.
Any questions should be directed to: Bill Childers, EFSP Local Board Chair at 330-297-1424 or at email@example.com.