This COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund has been initiated by generous contributions from corporations such as GE Healthcare and Meijer. Any 501(c)(3) non-profit program that serves the residents of Portage County or a public school district and is experiencing an unusual lack of supplies and/or resources to continue to serve the community is welcome to apply.
Eligibility For Funding
• Must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit Organization or a public school district serving students in Portage County, Ohio.
• Must demonstrate an outcome related to the COVID-19 Health Emergency in one of the areas of education, income or health.
• Must have a timeline of completion during the COVID-19 Health Emergency in Ohio.
• Must be completed within Portage County, Ohio.
• Can be a currently funded United Way partner program or not.
• Cannot be a funding request for support of a fundraising event or event sponsorship.
• Request should be for grants of $1,000 or less. For grants of more than $1,000 please contact the UWPC office prior to applying
• Must provide services without discrimination regarding race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, income, marital status or any other status protected by federal or state applicable law.
Applications for the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund will be immediately reviewed, usually within 3 business days, and funding will be available as soon as possible.
Programs selected for funding will be required to submit a budget/report to UWPC showing how funds were spent.
COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund Application