- Category: News
- Published on Tuesday, 24 January 2012 15:55
- Written by liz
- Hits: 2702
Case for Support
United Way of Portage County is:
• The most efficient and cost effective way to make one annual gift to charity.
• Provides funding to our local community through our 43 health and human service programs housed within our 14 non-profit agencies.
• Money stays in Portage County.
• Employees can contribute their gift to the county in which they live, or to a particular program or agency of choice.
• We are Portage County’s primary source of funding for its health & human service agencies; homeless shelters and soup kitchens.
• Giving your employees the opportunity to contribute through payroll deduction gives your company recognition and allows them better use of their charitable dollar. Their dollars go towards funding the needs and not the buildings or agency salaries.
What your contribution buys…
$3.25per pay can provide a child with after school programming which provides educational and career development, character development, health, life skills and physical fitness.
$4.00a pay can provide 5 pairs of shoes for school kids.
$8.00a pay can provide 26 prescriptions for the low income in Portage County.
$1,000annually will provide funding for 680 hot meals for the hungry in Portage County.
$1,000 annually will provide funding for 18 office visits for low income patients at our local medical clinic.
How We Measure Outcomes
Your United Way of Portage County helps…
Crises, Children & Youth, Adults, Families, Health
Outcome:1000 seniors received assistance to buy prescriptions.
Results:Seniors maintain long term healthy lifestyle.
Outcome:11,716 households received clothing.
Results:Clients are able to properly dress in professional attire for employment & children obtain clean, needed clothing for school.
Outcome:42 Low income families receive child care.
Results:Advances child’s motor skills, communication skills, and enables them to interact socially with other children prior to entering school.